Fever

“Fever”… originally performed by Little Willie John, has been covered by Elvis, Ella, Beyonce, Madonna, The Jam, The Cramps and many many more.

“Fever” has been covered too many times.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of the my favorite songs, but after it’s been slowed-down, sped-up, funked-out, and freaked-around, enough is enough! At least I thought so, until I heard the Susan Cadogan version. Most importantly, I’d never heard a “Fever” cover that made me want to throw on a bikini. Not many things can get me in a bikini, but a 1976 reggae cover from Trojan Records does the trick.

On top of it all, spring is out today in Los Angeles! So in honor of the sunshine, FEVER!

For more like this: Trojan records has released an incredible amount of  box sets, with themes from creole to Beatles tribute.