New Ghost Tiger track ‘BirdFeeder’ — Premiere!!

Moving to Santa Barbara from LA for college seemed a daunting task for a music fanatic. Fortunately what I found amongst the surfer tans and Oprah’s mansion was a beautiful and flourishing music scene, filled with lovers, performers and supporters alike. And during my 4 years in town, local indie rockers Ghost Tiger led the pack of performers set to do big things.

I’ve had the pleasure of working with these cats a few times now, including an in studio session at SB’s community radio station KCSB. Time and time again I am impressed by their work, and their new 7″ BirdFeeder is no exception.

That said, we are thrilled to premiere “BirdFeeder”, the A-side of Ghost Tiger’s first ever studio release! Make sure your dancing shoes are tied and ready ladies and gents.

If you are in the Santa Barbara area, please be sure to check them out at SOhO Restaurant & Music Club on Thursday, June 6 for their release show.

For more tunes by Ghost Tiger, check them out on soundcloud or Facebook

Touchy Mob

I love this man’s music…and his hair. The last time I saw him (2011), he was rocking a grizzly beard and a bowl-cut. Maybe I have a special affinity towards the bowl-cut, as I myself sported one until the age of 5, but Ludwig (AKA Touchy Mob) rocked it.

The stage name and haircut description are enough to love him too, I know, but I’m going to need you to listen to the music as well. Haunting vocals, an acoustic guitar, and nifty gizmos all play their role in the Touchy Mob catalog to create a truly unique sound, floating somewhere between singer-songwriter and club-banger.

With such a diverse range of sounds, I HIGHLY recommend checking out his entire soundcloud and bandcamp. He’ll even bless you with many of his tunes for free!!

There’s originals…

remixes…

and covers…

oh my!