Katie Kim

I’d like to take this rainy evening to show you Katie Kim.

Cold weather always reminds me to listen to her album Cover & Flood, a personal favorite of mine. Each track more haunting than the next, Katie Kim manages to create an incredibly unique sound that ranges from soothing to terrifying. She produced, recorded, and mixed the entire album herself, and it’s gorgeous.

I’ll give you a taste with one of my favorite tracks off the 2012 album. Katie herself suggests her music is best understood in the dark with a glass of wine, so grab a glass and take a listen to “Fake Your Death”:

Please check out the entire album, as well as the rest of her records on her bandcamp site.