Music To Love To…Vol. 2

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, folks– and while we can’t shower you with flowers, stuffed animals or dark chocolate spoons, we can certainly shower you with some of our favorite tunes of love and romance. So whatever decadent activities this holiday possesses you to embark upon, let this playlist be your third wheel. Enjoy!

1. Everything starts with an innocent game of flirtation, Louis Prima and Keely Smith show us how it’s done on Hey Boy! Hey Girl! –caitiebee

2.  Desert Sessions – I Wanna Make It Wit Chu  When Josh Homme, PJ Harvey and Brody Dalle decide to jam together at Rancho De La Luna, arousing results occur. –rye

3. Speaking of arousal…Aroused by Tom Vek –caitiebee

4.  The Stepkids – Symmetry  Simulated harmonious lovemaking. –rye

5. There are a hundred and one reasons why I love the new Decembrists song Philomena, mostly though because Colin Meloy calls it “the dirtiest Decemberists song ever written.” –caitienee

6.  While Metronomy’s “Love Letters” is in many ways a perfect Valentine’s Day record, their 2009 cut “Not Made For Love” conversely speaks to the feelings of defeat and inadequacy we’ve all occasionally flirted with when this marketing construct of a holiday rolls around (kidding!). Play this while enjoying a heart-shaped pizza from Papa John’s.  –rye

7. I’m a sucker for an Irishman with a guitar, cue Glen Hansard with a bonus track that will melt your heart, Rare Bird — caitiebee

8. Isn’t French the language of love? Too bad I don’t speak a word of it. I like this song though, I’m not sure though, it could be about love…or maybe it’s a tale of a terrible break up even…let’s just focus on the fact that it’s in French for now, here’s Fauve’s Nuits Fauves –caitiebee

9. Grace Jones belting Bill Withers’s “Use Me” never fails in any romantic scenario. –rye

10. The Way You Look Tonight, a classic! This one is by Billie Holiday though, because she is classy. –caitibee

11.  Whether you’re seeing “50 Shades of Grey” with friends, relatives, book clubs, parole officers or significant others, you’ll need a few spins of Depeche Mode’s “Some Great Reward” to get you in the mood. Particularly “Master And Servant” –rye

12. Valentine’s Day comes and goes every year, but The Magnetic Fields’ “69 Love Songs” will always be.  Here’s “The Way You Say Good Night” –rye