Music To Dive In To…

Just because the farmer’s almanac says that summer has ended doesn’t mean you shouldn’t continue to jump into every swimming pool/lake/moat you come across, especially if you live in the constant sauna that is Los Angeles. So keep on keepin’ cool this weekend! And while we won’t warn you about the perils of swimming too soon after eating, we will advise you to have a playlist ready for when you find yourself in or around a pool.

1.  So let’s jump in with Little Ray’s “Come And Swim With Me” –rye

2. Even when you are sitting at work, we all just want to be able to “Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark)” all day. Here’s Unknown Mortal Orchestra. –caitiebee

3.  When the city becomes too hot, a nice dip with the Owiny Sigma Band can help –rye

4. This song by the Jacuzzi Boys has all the capricious energy of a pool party and makes me regret missing their set on the infamous Bruise Cruise. –rye

5. My sister says that Major Lazer’s “Playground” transports her to a raunchy pool party in the tropics, and she is definitely right. –caitiebee

6.  If you haven’t caught wind of 10,000 Emeral Pools from BORNS, listening to it makes it feel like you’re wading in a sangria-filled aquarium with your significant other. –rye

7. And California definitly knows how to pool party, like noMBe says in “California Girls” — “Ooh, how I like the smell of West Coast pheromones” –caitiebee

8. Mostly we are all just waiting for that right mood to just make us dive right in , Guts can help with “And the Livin’ is Easy” –caitiebee

9.  Really digging the new record from Shaun Fleming aka Diane Coffee. Throw on “Down With The Current” when you’re by the water –rye

10. Cool you insides too with the Talking Heads and a “Popsicle” –caitiebee

11.  Make time for some Skinny Dipping with WhoMadeWho –rye

12. Now for some beachy-vibes with Ghanaian roots by way of Brooklyn, Blitz and the Ambassador with “Akwaaba” –caitiebee

13. Unless you are in a wetsuit, we know you’ll be showing some FLESH. –caitiebee

14.  And whatever you do, try not to get the Swimming Pool Blues. –rye