New Eyes

At the moment, I only have eyes for Greek multi-instrumentalist Larry Gus and his inventive psychedelic pop release “I Need New Eyes.”  There’s a lot of interesting things happening on this record, and while I find it difficult to pick a single song to share (“Black Veil of Fail” is unlike anything I’ve heard in a while), I have to go with “A Set Of Replies”– a poignant but catchy song that captures the coldness I sometimes feel in this age of automated responses and rehearsed answers.

Larry Gus shares a stage with YACHT this Thursday at the Teragram Ballroom in LA. Don’t doze!

One Comment on “New Eyes”

  1. Eric says:

    Cool! Sharing the stage with YACHT is good enough for me. Cool synths. Also this post remind me of the Seattle band NEWAXEYES, not just in a shameless plug way.