Happy New Year! Before you dawn your party dress and chug champagne, take a moment to reflect with us.
Just because the farmer’s almanac says that summer has ended doesn’t mean you shouldn’t continue to jump into every swimming pool/lake/moat you come across, especially if you live in the constant sauna that is Los Angeles. So keep on keepin’ cool this weekend! And while we won’t warn you about the perils of swimming too soon after eating, we will advise you to have a playlist ready for when you find yourself in or around a pool.
1. So let’s jump in with Little Ray’s “Come And Swim With Me” –rye
2. Even when you are sitting at work, we all just want to be able to “Swim and Sleep (Like a Shark)” all day. Here’s Unknown Mortal Orchestra. –caitiebee
3. When the city becomes too hot, a nice dip with the Owiny Sigma Band can help –rye
5. My sister says that Major Lazer’s “Playground” transports her to a raunchy pool party in the tropics, and she is definitely right. –caitiebee
6. If you haven’t caught wind of 10,000 Emeral Pools from BORNS, listening to it makes it feel like you’re wading in a sangria-filled aquarium with your significant other. –rye
7. And California definitly knows how to pool party, like noMBe says in “California Girls” — “Ooh, how I like the smell of West Coast pheromones” –caitiebee
8. Mostly we are all just waiting for that right mood to just make us dive right in , Guts can help with “And the Livin’ is Easy” –caitiebee
9. Really digging the new record from Shaun Fleming aka Diane Coffee. Throw on “Down With The Current” when you’re by the water –rye
10. Cool you insides too with the Talking Heads and a “Popsicle” –caitiebee
11. Make time for some Skinny Dipping with WhoMadeWho –rye
12. Now for some beachy-vibes with Ghanaian roots by way of Brooklyn, Blitz and the Ambassador with “Akwaaba” –caitiebee
13. Unless you are in a wetsuit, we know you’ll be showing some FLESH. –caitiebee
14. And whatever you do, try not to get the Swimming Pool Blues. –rye